Saturday, May 10, 2008

2nd Annual Bricker Beach Party

Today we had our 2nd annual class beach party down at Ft Myers Beach. Let me begin by giving a huge "THANKS" to Neil, and his company, Paradise Parasail for hosting us again. Once again he provided chairs and umbrellas and an opportunity for anyone who wanted to parasail or ride jet skis. And just like last year - we had a great time.

This year I decided to give parasailing a shot. So, Pamela, who also wanted to go up, rode with me. Having never parasailed before, I have to say it was a lot of fun being up that high and soaring like a bird (that's us taking off in the pic).

The next to soar was Tim, Brent and Brian (see pics of the trio in the slide show below). About halfway into their ride, the boat engine started to overheat, so Capt Neil had to shut her down. You can imagine what happened to the boys hanging in the air. They started to come down pretty quick. Neil calls this a "water landing." The boys called it "crashing into the gulf." Of course they were fine. And it did make for a great story. I'm just glad it wasn't me and Pamela that got to experience the "water landing."

Thanks again to Neil for making this happen and to Pamela for helping coordinate the whole thing.

Oh, I almost forgot, Macy actually went out in the boat with us while everyone was parasailing. This is big for her! Maybe one day we'll even get her up in the air (yeah, right!).

Enjoy some pics from today's fun...

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Mark, I had so much fun too! Thanks for going up there with me. Maybe next year we can make it out again for BrickerFest. :)