Saturday, May 3, 2008

Parenting Ain't Easy

We just wrapped up our church's Parent Conference today. Two thoughts are running through my mind...first, I wish everyone who is a parent could have been there, and second, why weren't more parents there? The conference was awesome! Dr Richard Ross spoke three times in a large group setting and we had about 8 other Breakout Sessions conferees could choose to attend. I'm not even a parent and I was so challenged by Dr Ross' messages. I can't imagine what could be more important for a parent then getting some awesome instruction and help in being a better parent.

I also want to take a moment to say what an awesome job our Ed Team did in planning and pulling the conference off. Cary Robinson (our college and young single adult pastor) was our coordinator for this event and he did a great job keeping everyone on the team moving in the right direction. Way to go team!

Here's a link to one of the breakout session leader's website, who's also a member of our church. She liked our Flip This Family conference title so much she took it, tweaked it a little, and now it's the name of her new TV show for parents. Pretty cool. Check it out.