Friday, January 18, 2008

Challenging Read

I mentioned a while back that I have been reading In A Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day with a group of guys I meet with. Not sure if I mentioned just how power-packed this little book was. Wow! It's one of the more challenging books I've ever read. And, it seems to be hitting me right where I am. Just to give you a taste, I've compile a few quotes from chapter 4.
  • It's our past problems that prepare us for future opportunities.
  • Sometimes the biggest problems present the greatest opportunities for God to reveal His glory and work.
  • We should stop asking God to get us out of difficult circumstances and start asking Him what He wants us to get out of those difficult circumstances.
  • Maybe our problem isn't our circumstances, maybe our problem is our perspective...Maybe prayer is less about changing our circumstances than it is about changing our perspective.
  • Maybe we need to quit praying safe prayers.
  • Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God.
  • The most important choice you make every day is your attitude. Your internal attitudes are far more important than your external circumstances.
  • The worse days can actually turn out to be the best days if we learn the lessons God is trying to teach us.
I'm going to stop now before this post gets too long. I'll post some more tomorrow from chapter 4. But as you can see, pretty challenging stuff.

No comments: