Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Macy!

Running. Sometimes I really love it and sometimes it's really hard. I mentioned in an earlier post I was getting a little discouraged with my times. So, Saturday I decided to push it. And I did. I ran mile one in 7:29. Mile two only a few seconds slower at 7:31. I'm on pace to crush my best 3 mile time. But shortly after the 2 mile mark (like 2 feet past it) I almost died (not literally Macy). Oh well, at least I know I can do 2 miles a lot faster. Now I just have to sustain that pace longer.

Monday's are my 4 mile day. Yesterday I ran 4 miles at an 8:17 pace per mile. I felt real good about that, especially with my last mile being the fastest. Somehow, someway, I'm gonna get these times down. Yeah, I think I still love running.

Random Thoughts...
  • I'm excited American Idol is back tonight. There hasn't been much lately on TV to watch.
  • I'm feeling very grateful right now...nothing terribly specific, other than I have a sense of just being really blessed in so many ways.
  • I'm still bummed about the Cowboys losing. I'm pulling for the Packers now.
  • Tomorrow is my beautiful bride's birthday. Happy Birthday Macy!!!

No comments: