Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Little Discouraged...

I hurt my foot playing beach football last week and have not been able to run now for over a week. I really miss running and find myself getting a little discouraged. I feel like I’m losing my energy and stamina. I can feel it slipping away. Can someone fall out of shape in a couple of weeks? I can already feel the difference. And the bad news is I'm not sure when I'll be able to run on it. The good news - my team won the football game.

Not being able to run got me thinking about my walk (run) with Christ. Do I feel any different when I’m not immersed in God’s Word and spending the time with Him that I should? Do I feel like I’m losing strength and getting spiritually weaker? Paul says that physical training is of some value but spiritual training is of greater value (1 Tim 4:7b-8). My running pales in comparison to my time alone with God and His Word.

How’s your spiritual workout?

No comments: