Monday, April 16, 2007

Moto Q

Having used the Motorola Q now for over 2 months, I wanted to give my own impressions of this smart phone. My first smart phone was Sprint's PPC-6700. At first I thought it was cool to be able to handle so many functions normally handled by your laptop on your phone. But after the initial cool factor wore off, I found myself frustrated most of the time, especially when simply wanting to make calls.

Then I got hold of the Motorola Q by Sprint. I really like this phone. It acts more like a phone, but still has much of the 6700 functionality. It checks emails, surfs the web over Sprint's high speed EVDO, and let's me keep my calendar and contacts all within a few thumb clicks away. The screen on this phone is crisp and bright and I love the size of it, very small for a smart phone. In a land where Treos reign supreme, the Moto Q is an excellent alternative.

3 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

Glad you like your phone. There is nothing like getting into a contract, only to find out the phone stinks. I had a smartphone, found that I had to click a billion times to navigate anywhere. Now, I have the full windows mobile (pocketpc), and love it. Now get be wrong, my phone has its issues, but I prefer teh pocketpc ui over the smartphone. Now, if I could just figure out my syncing with exchange server over the airwaves, I would finanally and officially be a geek.

Mark B said...

Which smartphone did you have that caused you so many problems? The Moto Q has the smartphone versions of Win Mobile and I have actually found it easier to use than the PocketPC version.

Rob and Becky said...

I had the motorola mpx220. I don't really know what the issue was. Maybe it was the smaller screen. Maybe it was the lack of actual buttons. Maybe I like the fact that I can write on the screen of my pocketpc, instead of only using buttons. Who knows. I just know that "moving around" the phone was a chore. I am determined to find the perfect phone one of these days.