Monday, April 30, 2007

Chillin with the Roses

Bryan, Kelly and Macy Jane have been visiting with us for the last few days. Bryan and Kelly are some of our best friends in the world. I will have to say that the time with them was a much need vacation for me as I know it was for them. It reminded me of the importance of down time and hanging out with good friends. What did we do while they were here? Glad you asked.
  • We walked around Coconut Point Mall in Estero.
  • We ate Pizza from Uno's.
  • We hung out at the pool.
  • We played with Macy Jane (their 3 years old).
  • We talked.
  • We watched Planet Earth (Kelly couldn't believe the difference HD makes!)
  • We had breakfast with the Millers (Tamar cooked 4 different types of pancakes!).
  • We drank Starbucks together.
  • We talked.
  • We caught up on life.
I miss having Bryan and Kelly in my life all the time. Macy and I were both sad last night as we came home from church and they were no longer there. Friends are an such an awesome blessing from God. Treasure your friends. They are truly God's best blessings!

6 comments:

Bryan said...

Yeah... Its amazing how God puts people in your life that you connect with so deeply that miles and years can pass, but when you are with them, its like you never left... I guess that might be a miniscule taste of what eternity will feel like one day. To quote the Jerry Welch: "Heaven is both here and hereafter" (Wow, I thought I had gotten rid of that outline...)

Thanks for everything last week, we love you guys and are pumped to see that God has still been able to do big things in SW Florida- even without us there.

We miss having you guys in our lives all the time too! (Macy B NEEDS more of me -to provide balance)

Dave said...

Jerry Welch. That's funny dude. You've forgotten more than you think.

Detox is a good thing.

Peace,

DM

Mark B said...

Ahhh...Balance. Macy B is the perfect antithesis of your personality and a great balancer for you.

By the way, Jerry Welch is the Education Pastor at Colonial Heights. I didn't know he had anything to do with FAITH.

Detox is a good thing.

Bryan said...

duh... I'm such an idiot... I meant Bobby Flay.

Rob and Becky said...

ok, so I have no idea what you are talking about, but nonetheless... Mark, I was bawling by the time I got to the end of your post. Will you be my friend?
Rob

Mark B said...

Do I detect a note of sarcasm in your post Rob?

Wow, I didn't know Bobby Flay was a believer?