Saturday, May 5, 2007

Running On A Hot Day

I feel kinda bad. I have been encouraging a couple of friends to start running and this is really not a good time of the year to start. As I was running yesterday in the SW Florida sun and heat, I was very thankful I started back in January. It was extremely difficult just completing my run. A couple of times I almost stopped running and started walking. I know there would have been no way I could ever have made it if this was early on in my training. It sure is easier to build up stamina when conditions are nice.

That's true of our spiritual lives as well. If we are faithful and obedient in the good times, we will be ready for the tough times. It doesn't mean we'll avoid the tough days, but we'll be better prepared for what comes our way. Question: Are you building spiritual muscles in your training, preparing you for the hot long days of summer?

By the way, I'm running in my second 5K this coming Saturday. And I ran 3 miles this morning in 26:02!!! Bring it on summer!

2 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

you are my hero (no sarcasm intended)
rob

Mark B said...

Rob - you are one of the ones I felt bad about trying to get running in the heat. By the way, have you run lately? Today's a really nice day to do it!