Tuesday, May 8, 2007

American Idol & Family

I love Christian Home Week at our church. It's a chance for Macy and I to reconnect a little. Like most couples today, we stay pretty busy. And I'm not complaining. I love the pace, most of the time. But Family Week gives us both a chance to slow down just a little and to spend some quality time in the evening together. I try and keep our relationship a priority all the time, but this week gives me a chance to be even more intentional.

Now, to be honest, we're not off to a great start this week. Macy attended a baby shower last night, so we didn't get the full impact, yet. But tonight - I can't wait! Nothing says family like watching "American Idol" together and breaking each contestant down with our own profound and expert commentary. Should be fun.

So what about you? I challenge you to be intentional in spending more time with your family this week.

So, what are you going to do as a family this week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's nice to set aside a week for the family, it's really awesome. I came from an environment where i was always involved in church and i didn't have time for my family but our move to naples has change the way i look at things. Now in MBC, life is good and obviously God is awesome. Keep up the good show Mark and Miller, the show should be nomitated for a grammy.

Carlos and Reyna Vazquez

Mark B said...

Carlos - make sure you listen to this week's episode of the M&M show - we read your email. Thanks for the positive feedback man! Have a great one and enjoy your time with the family.