Monday, April 9, 2007

My First 5K Race

I finally did it! I ran in my first 5K. Since starting to run back around the first of the year, I have had it in the back of my head that I wanted to run 5Ks. Through some encouragement from several friends, I finally did it. I ran in the "Do the Right Thing" race in Gateway this past Saturday. My time was right around 28 minutes, which I thought was pretty good. The reason I don't know my exact time is I started way back in the pack. The time on my watch was under 28 minutes, but I'm not sure if I started it exactly as I crossed the start line. So, we'll just say 28 even. The race itself went by fast and I had no trouble completing the 3.1 miles even though I was running at a faster pace than I have been training. I guess it was the adrenaline from running in a race! I'm actually looking forward to the my next 5K.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Hey man... Congrats on the run. You are forcing me to get my butt on track and begin running again too. I guess I have the ability to find too many excuses...