Monday, February 11, 2008

Hear Their Stories...Part 3

Oh, the power of a story. I have heard some incredible stories this week. First, let me say I am very grateful for the men and women who participated in our GIC missions week. Each and every one of them inspired and challenged me. Saturday night's banquet was so cool because we were able to hear from each missionary and a short story of God's work in their ministry area.

Yesterday morning during all of our worship services we were challenged to be a "willing witness." It was unbelievable to see literally hundreds respond to the challenge and come forward during the commitment time. God really moved in an incredible way.

Also Sunday in my Bible study class, we were able to hear from Melissa, one of our GIC missionaries. Her courage to share Christ in a difficult environment was an awesome challenge to me personally.

I'll say it one more time...it was awesome to hear all their stories!

No comments: