Saturday, July 12, 2008

Week 3 of Push Ups

I'm into the third week of my "hundredpushups.com" program. Week three turned up the heat a little on me and I had a hard time completing all the reps on day 1. It's hard to believe that supposedly in less than 4 weeks I will be able to do 100 push ups in one shot. Even if I can only do 80 after 6 weeks, that would be a pretty good thing. After completing week 2 I was able to do 31. I got a long way to go!

Had a good run this morning. My times are getting a little better, but still not where they use to be pre-foot injury. I am up to 4 miles on my long day each week and running 3 miles the other 3 days. The humidity and heat however take their toil on my body. I can't wait for a little cooler weather.

Speaking of things I'm looking forward to, next week is Children's Camp. For the last 3 years I've had the awesome privilege of being the camp pastor for our church's Children's Camp. I love being around the kids in this kind of environment. This year, instead of just speaking each night, I am also speaking during the morning sessions. Much more prep this year, but I can't wait! I'll keep you updated through the blog on how the week's going.

1 comment:

Rob and Becky said...

Keep up the good work brother. You're my hero!