Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Gadget

A week ago today I got a 16GB iPod Touch. I had been saving up and finally got enough cash. So, last Sunday afternoon I went down to Costco and made the purchase. (I like Costco because of their excellent return policy.) After exactly one week of having the Touch, let me say, I am very, very impressed. Here's my quick points review:
  • First of all, it's a whole lot more than just a music/video player (it's an iPhone without the phone or gps)
  • It's incredibly intuitive
  • Everything just works...easily
  • Best mobile email platform ever
  • It's sets up and works great with Exchange Server (all my email, contacts and calendar stuff right there and it looks tons better than on my smartphone)
  • Excellent web browsing experience on a mobile device - it's actually usable! (If you've ever tried to do much web surfing on a mobile device you know that it's not much fun)
  • It does tons more than I had anticipated
  • Great screen display
  • Noticeably better audio quality than on my previous iPods.
  • I really want an iPhone now!
If you're in the market for a new mobile multimedia/web device - I highly recommend the new iPod Touch.

Got to go watch the Cowboys now - Go Cowboys!!!

No comments: