Sunday, November 23, 2008

Start of Thanksgiving Vacation

Macy and I traveled to north Florida to spend Thanksgiving with my mom and dad and my brother and his family. Today we worshiped at Euchee Valley Presbyterian Church where my dad was the preacher this morning. Following the service they had a pot-luck dinner thanking my dad for filling the pulpit over the last several months. We had a great time at the church and dad did an awesome job in the pulpit. And the food...oh my goodness!

So what else have we been doing...
  • We stopped off in Sarasota on the way up to the panhandle of Florida for brunch with our good friends Pamela and Jeremy.
  • I'm about half way through reading a biography of John Newton entitled "John Newton: From Disgrace to Amazing Grace." Fascinating read.
  • My neck is killing me - probably because of bad reading position yesterday.
  • It's harder to run in cold weather!
  • Mom made me some Chess Cake Bars yesterday. That, along with all the desserts at the church today, I may have overdone it a little today. I can't wait to run a little of this off tomorrow.

No comments: