Saturday, October 6, 2007

A New Standard

I just got home from Hank and Dawn's wedding. Wow. I think they set the new standard for weddings.

Here's what I mean. First of all, the whole service was under 45 minutes. Now, when I heard they had three preachers, I thought to myself, "get comfortable, this thing is going to last a while." Much to my surprise, 45 minutes after it started we were heading over to the reception. By the way, the whole service was wonderful, from the music to the three pastors officiating - very nice.

Now, point number 2, and this one is really big. Within a few minutes of everyone getting over to the reception, the entire wedding party was making their grand entrance! When was the last time you saw that? Typically everyone goes over to the reception and waits about an hour for the wedding party to take all of their pictures while the guests sit around and sip punch and try to entertain themselves. (This may be the biggest reason I don't go to many weddings.) Way to get this one right Hank and Dawn!

Seriously, it was so cool to see this young couple who loves the Lord committing their lives to each other. I know God has incredible things in store for both of them as they begin their family together. It was a joy being a part of your wedding today Hank and Dawn. Not only was your wedding awesome, but both of you are too!

No comments: