Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another Stroll Down Memory Lane

Macy, my wife, decided to organize some drawers in our guest bedroom today. At least that is what she told me when I got home from work. So, this meant her going through everything in the drawers, piece by piece, and reliving the memories associated with each item. Quite a long process. And, it's actually kind of fun to watch her do this. She is so sentimental.

So, throughout the evening, she would bring photos and other items for me to look at. She would briefly tell the story associated with each item and photo, enjoying the memories it created in her mind. Most of these photos I have seen before, but again, it's a joy to watch her enjoy this process.

Later that evening I heard her exclaim, "I found it!" She had found what she had been looking for earlier in the day that actually started this whole "organizational" project. She had gotten distracted with all the stuff, that she had forgot why she started "digging" in the first place. (I know there's got to be some good illustration stuff there.)

Good news: In all her digging yesterday, Macy uncovered a $25 Savings Bond. I looked it up and discovered it is now worth $215! Yeah Macy!

No comments: