Monday, April 21, 2008

A New Way to Read

I finished a novel this morning...on the way to work. No, I'm not like those crazies you see reading while driving. I've recently discovered the audiobook. Specifically...audible.com.

I downloaded Ted Dekker's Three before we left for Israel. It's a 12 hour read, I mean, listen. I finally finished it this morning. Great book. And a great way to utilize those commuting moments for something other than fostering road rage.

The process is pretty simple. Go to audible.com and check out their selection of over 40,000 books, magazines, podcasts and newspapers. Make your selection and purchase the book (there are subscription plans available also) you want. Then download it to your computer. You can listen on your computer, transfer it to your iPod or other MP3 device. Or burn it on to a CD and listen from any CD player. Give it a try.

Oh, Three is a great read. I don't read much fiction, but this was really good. And very suspenseful.

No comments: