Thursday, August 30, 2007

Changes...Part 2

I mentioned in an earlier post about some changes coming to our schedule at McGregor. Here goes the "more info" I promised...

Starting January 2008, we will make two major adjustments to our church schedule. First, we will no longer have a Sunday evening Worship Service. Second, we will start a brand new midweek worship service that is designed to help believers grow in their faith. There it is, two changes that have huge implications for those who call McGregor home.

Personally, I am very excited about these changes because of how they position our church for the future. Let me share with you several benefits I believe these changes will bring to our church.
  • Focus - I mentioned this in an earlier blog post as being one of the major reasons I am excited about these changes. The new schedule is a way to help us focus our energy on the mission and priority of McGregor - making fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
  • Simplicity - As we grow as a church, the tendency is to do more. When in reality, we need to do fewer things better.
  • Stewardship - We always want to be wise stewards of all the resources God has blessed us with and this includes people resources. By putting our focus on Sunday AM and Wed PM, we are maximizing member's time by focusing on the two times when the majority of our members are on campus.
  • Strategic - Sunday AM is all about connecting. Believer's connecting with God in worship and also providing a place for unbelievers to begin the process of connecting with God. Wed PM is going to be all about helping the believer grow deeper in his or her walk with God. It will be a brand new worship experience that will be totally discipleship oriented. I love the two-prong approach to these two worship experiences!
Let me conclude by saying that I know how hard change is for everyone. I am the first to resist change. But I try to constantly remind myself that without change, I cannot grow. To learn and to develop means I must change. And so while I am excited about the changes, I know for many, this will be a process of adjusting and adapting to. That's okay. As long as we are moving forward, we'll adjust and adapt together.

I can't wait for 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I agree that in order to do more we have to do less. Even though i wasn't going on Sunday evening because we leave in Naples, I completly understand the changes.