Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm Doing It Again

One of my own self-imposed rule is "read only one book at a time."

Currently, I am reading three books. So much for following my own rules. My best intentions cannot stand up under the lure and temptation of another enticing book. I love books and love reading. But I struggle with the pull of having more than one book in process at a time.

So what I am reading right now?

I started with Seth Godin's Small Is the New Big a month ago. Seth is a business thinker, marketer, and an idea person. I love reading his blog and his books. The book is a compilation of 183 of Seth's rants, raves, and remarkable business ideas.

I'm also reading Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. Fascinating book on how to better communicate your ideas and how to make them "stick" with your listeners. Highly recommended for those who communicate ideas on a regular basis.

The final book I have started and just could not wait to read is Emerson Eggerich's new book entitled
Cracking the Communication Code: The Secret to Speaking Your Mate's Language. This is the sequel to their incredible book on marriage entitled Love and Respect. If you're only going to read one book on marriage, Love and Respect is the one you need to pick up (Both of these are available in the McGregor Book Store).

There's what I'm reading. What are you reading?

3 comments:

Rob and Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob and Becky said...

Well, let's see...
Godin's book was given to me on CD a week and half ago. I haven't listened to it yet.

Heath's book was recommended 6 months ago by my brother. I tried to buy it, but the hard back was like $28 at Borders. Expensive! I haven't gotten around to get it online yet.

Eggerich's Love and Respect is sitting on my nightstand, but haven't cracked it yet.

What am I reading? The Bible. You should give it a try...

Ok, for real, I am reading for the 3rd time, Baxter's Reformed Pastor. A must read for every pastor.

Rob

erica said...

mark batterson's 'in a pit with a lion on a snowy day' is amazing!