Sunday, August 19, 2007

Thinking Back...

It's been another action filled, awesome week. Sunday evening is a good time for decompressing and thinking back over the week as I prepare for the upcoming one.
  • I shared a devotional with our ministerial staff team on Monday entitled "Stretching." The premise: It's actually a good thing when we get stretched, especially as it relates to our spiritual growth.
  • I had the opportunity to speak to our church's Mother's Morning Out teachers this week as part of their training for the new school year. I was given the assignment to challenge them in their spiritual growth. Awesome group of ladies and we had an awesome time. Thanks Tiffany for inviting me to speak.
  • I'm loving being a part of the process with Shawn Bergen and some others on our staff team in dreaming and brainstorming what our church's evangelism strategy might look like in the near future.
  • I am so glad football is finally here (even pre-season)!
  • I have made a ton of progress in filling a couple of vacant staff positions!!! God is so good!
  • I had my personal best 3 mile run time Saturday morning with 23:40!
  • Macy and I had a great time with several young couples over to the house Friday night. I got to fire up the Espresso Machine big time. Man, I'm wearing that thing out!
  • Thanks for a great lunch meeting Rob - I really enjoyed the fellowship.
  • We had an awesome time in worship this morning at McGregor. I also had a great time in my Bible Study Class this morning (Macy shared a testimony about a physical struggle she went through in 2004 - she was awesome and I was so proud of her and her faith). I love Sunday mornings at McGregor!
  • I'm bummed out NASCAR was rained out today. Set you TiVos/DVRs to noon tomorrow.
  • I'm getting excited about being a part of a fantasy football league (more info on this in upcoming blogs).
  • I'm so thankful for Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream!
Finally, let's pray for the people in Jamaica and others who will be in the path of Hurricane Dean.

No comments: