Friday, August 8, 2008

Goose Reading

Thanks to a good friend, I was able to get my hands on a pre-release copy of Mark Batterson's newest book Wild Goose Chase this week. Last night I read chapter 1. Oh my! He's seems to be picking up right where he left off with In A Pit With A Lion on A Snowy Day. Here's a taste of what to expect if you pick up this book when it's released on August 19:
"Boredom isn't just boring: boredom is wrong. You cannot simultaneously live by faith and be bored. Faith and boredom are antithetical."
I recently finished reading Jerry Bridge's newest book Respectable Sins. An incredibly challenging read and one I would highly recommend to anyone wanting a challenge to live a more godly life for Christ. You might remember Jerry wrote the classic Pursuit of Holiness some 25 years ago. It is still, in my opinion, the best book ever written on personal holiness and spiritual discipline.

I started reading last week Kenny Luck's book, RISK. Enjoying it very much and the challenge Kenny brings specifically to men and their faith. Possibly more to share about this book as I get into it further. By the way, our church is hosting Kenny here for his first ever RISK Conference in October. Should be an awesome event for the men of our church and the community.

By the way, if you live in the Fort Myers area, you can purchase any of the books mentioned in this post (when released) at the McGregor Bookstore.

By the way, what are you reading?

No comments: