Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Run Within

Macy and I arrived back in Fort Myers this afternoon from a wonderful time in Jackson, MS. But as nice as our time was away, it sure is good to be back home. And while we got rain in Jackson this morning from TS Fay, we had no weather related problems on either flight. We had the proverbial "smooth sailing" all the way home.

I've been off my normal running schedule this week. So, I did something a little while ago I've never done before, I ran on a Sunday. I'm not sure what came over me. I was compelled to run. I needed to run. There was a run within me that just had to get out. So, I waited til the sun went down, got dressed, and headed out. It felt great!

Tomorrow we head out as a staff for a few days of intense planning and preparation. I'm going to do my best to get at least one run in while away.

Gotta go now and watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics. I sure am going to miss the nightly ritual of Olympic watching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog was mentioned in class on Sunday when you were gone so I came to check it out again. In regards to Olympic watching boy do they get us to watch sports we would NEVER admit to watching any other day. Oh and how about those volleybal teams!! Hope the retreat was fun.

Mark B said...

Glad I got a little airtime for my blog.And yes - I'm missing the Olympics and yes, I loved all the Volleyball!