Saturday, August 2, 2008

Xtreme Week

It's been an incredibly busy week and the it's not slowing down any for the weekend. Here are a few of the highlights...
  • Wednesday evening I had the privilege of teaching at our church's Midweek Focus service. I taught from Psalm 119:97-104. The big idea: God's Word produces godly character. The catch, we have to be engaged in knowing God's Word and doing God's Word before it can have this effect on our lives. Basic, simple stuff - but oh so life-changing.
  • Running has been especially challenging this week. The heat combined with the humidity is unbelievable. Good thing I'm now running with my brand new RoadID. www.RoadID.com
  • This weekend our Women's Ministry is hosting a Beth Moore simulcast conference. I had the opportunity to welcome the ladies to the conference last night and be a part of the commitment time this morning. Awesome conference and really cool to see the response from the women attending.
  • Tomorrow evening is our annual Sunday School Leadership Conference. Our theme this year is sacrifice. We're opening with a drama with 8 of us from our Ed Team. It's going to be hysterical (at least it should be). We even break into a musical number at one point. Dont' want to give anymore away, but it should be an incredibly challenging night for all attending.
  • Trying to wrap up my Bible study on Hebrews 1 this afternoon. Saturdays can be a challenge to study and prepare - there are too many other things /distractionyou want to do.
  • Speaking of distraction - X Games 14 are in full swing now. I love watching these extreme events. These guys/gals are amazing.
  • I finish up week 5 of the 100 push ups plan today. One week to go and in theory I should be able to 100 push ups without stopping. I think I'm going to need at least an extra week or two. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: