Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mark's 5 Questions

We have an awesome staff here at McGregor - great people serving Jesus in ways most people will never know. I wanted to take a moment to highlight one of those awesome guys today by playing a little "5 Questions." So, I'm going to ask Gerald Malloy, who serves as our Worship Ministries Pastor, this week's "5 Questions." Gerald...

1. As Worship Ministries Pastor, what are your responsibilities here at McGregor?
I am responsible for providing the worship aspect through music for Middle School, High School, College, Singles, and various ministries and venues at McGregor Baptist Church.

2. How do you define “worship?”
Worship is our response to the greatness of God.

3. Give me your current top three praise & worship artists?
Hillsong, Charlie Hall, Chris Tomlin

4. What’s the biggest change in the praise & worship landscape right now?
Musically, I remember years ago that praise and worship was just a chorus. Now they are full length songs. As far as the church, worship is, or should be more intimate, not so much a performance. More and more worship leaders are trying to walk the line of performance or intimacy.

5. What do you most enjoy about your ministry?
The thing that I enjoy the most about my ministry is seeing my ministry team/band use their gifts for God. I love to see my guys get involved and watching them grow spiritually.

Thanks Gerald. Take a moment and go check out Gerald's blog at www.themindofmalloy.com.

5 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

I was just wondering....are you not blogging anymore??

Pamela said...

So.. are you going to post another blog any time soon? You do have a crowd of fans awaiting... ;) Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

still waiting for a new blog.........

Gerald Malloy said...

come back Mark!!

Anonymous said...

we do want you back