Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympic Motivation

I got rained out this morning for my run (actually it was the lightning that kept me in). So I decided to run later in the day (meaning it would most likely be very hot). When I finally got around to running, about 5pm, it wasn't too hot, but incredibly humid. But here's the good part...I ran my fastest two mile time today, post foot injury. Normally I run 3 or 4 miles, but used today's run as a chance to work on speed. I think my motivation for the extra speed came from watching the Olympic men's 150 mile cycling road race. Very motivating.

And speaking of the Olympics, did you catch the opening ceremony last night?! Unbelievable! Typically, the opening ceremonies have either been very weird or just boring, in my opinion. Last night was different. Amazingly different. It's hard to describe if you did not see it, but I know I have never seen anything on that scale and magnitude integrated so beautifully. I could have done without all the Chinese propaganda that spilled out from Costa and Lauer throughout the night. but other than that, a truly spectacular event that won't soon be forgotten.

No comments: