Saturday, August 16, 2008

Time with the Parents

My mom and dad got in Thursday evening. Macy and I have been looking forward to spending some time with them this weekend. Macy fixed a wonderful grilled fish dinner and then I fired up the Espresso Machine for coffee drinks. Then we settled in to catching up all while trying to watch some of the Olympics. Macy and mom stayed up til 1am, which wouldn't have been a big deal other than Macy had a doctors appointment Friday morning at 8am.

Friday, I got up early (5am) and went for my run so I could take Macy to her doctor's appointment. Let Mom and dad rest (they need it after driving over 500 miles). The rest of the day was shopping and looking around the area. It's always fun hanging out with mom and dad.

They took us out to Pagelli's for dinner last night, one of our favorite new restaurants. Today has been a little less going and more hanging out, although mom and Macy just left to do a little shopping. Me and dad stayed behind this time.

They're planning on going back on Monday now due to the oncoming hurricane. That's right! Here we go - Ft Myers has a "bull's-eye" on it right now with the latest forecast showing, what will soon be, hurricane Fay coming right at us. Better go check my battery stash.

No comments: