Thursday, November 1, 2007

Having Fun at Family Fest

I had a blast last night at McGregor's Family Fest!

Our church hosted our annual Family Fest (Halloween alternative) for the community last night. This year, in anticipation of more folks coming, we expanded the size of the event, adding more rides and activities. We partnered with Chik-fil-A in promoting the event to the community. And wow, did the people ever come (in spite of the potential for bad weather). No official count, but there were several thousand people there from all walks of like. It was truly a "community" event. And the cool thing - everyone was having a great time. Moms and dad as well as all the kids were enjoying the activities, the food and the festive atmosphere. It's hard for me to describe in this blog.

What makes an event like this so incredible? Two reasons. First, we had an incredible army of volunteers (several hundred) who gave of their time and talents to make this an awesome evening. McGregor has the best volunteers! Second, we had an incredible leadership team that puts months of planning and preparation into this event. Let me take a moment to recognize two incredible point people on this event. First, Dawn Garner, our Children's Ministry Director. Her vision for Family Fest and her administrative leadership is key in making this a phenomenal event. Second, Ed Harger, Assistant to Preschool Ministry. Ed's ability to make things happen and get more out of less continues to astound me. Way to go to Dawn & Ed!

I can't wait for next year, it will be even better!

Check on some pics from last night below...





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite announcement over the PA that night was, "We have a mother looking for a 4 yr old in a Spiderman costume." I saw 300 of them and one of them belonged to me.

Great night.

Peace,

DM

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs and I was soooo happy to see a picture of my very own Star Wars clone trooper on your November 1st posting. My son was jumping up and down "I'm on Pastor Mark's webpage!" Too cool. God Bless.

Mark B said...

Thanks and glad to get your son's pic on the page. I love Family Fest and seeing all the kids excited about dressing up. Lots of fun.