Saturday, November 24, 2007

Eating at the Bear Rock

On occasion I like to pass on to you guys places I have found to eat that I really enjoy. This week I had the opportunity to eat twice at my friend Lou's new restaurant, the Bear Rock Cafe. Lou is the co-owner of this new franchise that is located on US41 just south of Six Mile Cypress in the Shops at Jamaica Bay.

My first impression in walking into the restaurant was extremely positive. It is well decorated and at the same time gives a very casual and comfortable feel. You place your order at a counter and the food is brought to your table. The menu has a lot of choices, but not so many you feel overwhelmed. Salads, soups, and sandwiched make up much of the menu. All prepared fresh, when you order.

Now to the most important part - the taste. Everything taste great at Bear Rock. I tried the Napa Valley Salad my first visit and it was best lunch salad I think I have ever had. Trip two I was with Macy and we tried some soups, and they were awesome. The Baked Potato Mountain Chowder was out of this world good. I had the Black Angus Melt with Steak Fries and it was delicious. Macy had the Mikonos Grilled Vegetable Salad and loved it. So much so she was calling a friend when we got in the car to tell her about Bear Rock and her salad!

I would encourage you yo give Bear Rock a try. Tell Lou I sent you.

Also, children eat free on Sundays!

2 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

Sounds awesome! You forgot to mention the wifi! Then again, i don't know if it is free???
Rob

Mark B said...

It's free!