Friday, November 9, 2007

New Shoes...No Race

I went this afternoon to Snyderman Shoes to pick out my new running shoes. It was time. They say 300 to 500 miles is what a new pair of shoes can get you. I'm in the middle of that, right around 400 miles and felt it was time. Now, a good pair of running shoe ain't cheap. But, I can also tell you it is worth every penny you spend, if you get a good pair for your feet. I'm partial to New Balance and I got a pair of their new 1223's. That's the new shoe part.

The "no race" part is, I'm backing out of the 5K race tomorrow morning. No excuse, just a very busy day. I will run tomorrow and try out my new shoes on my regular running course.

One thing I like about buying my New Balance from Snyderman Shoes is they give runners a 30 day period in which they can bring the shoe back if they have problems with it. They also are well trained in fitting shoes and know the product line very well. Always a pleasant experience at Snyderman Shoes.

On the agenda tomorrow, in addition to my normal morning 3 mile run, is a Preschool Ministry Fellowship giving volunteers and parents of preschoolers a chance to meet Cynthia Turner, our brand new Preschool Ministry Director. Also, later that afternoon my SS Class is having a party over at Stacy and Erik's house. Wow, lots of parties and fun on the docket for tomorrow!

No comments: