Saturday, November 3, 2007

I'm Back On

This morning I ran my three miles in under 24 minutes. It's been a while since I have run a sub-24 minute, so it felt real good. The cooler weather I think brought a little motivation along with the fact that I have been back running more consistent the last couple of weeks.

I am planning on running in a 5K next Saturday - the Veteran's Day Midpoint Madness 5K. It will be my first 5K in about 5 months. I'm getting anxious for running in another race.

I also spent several hours today helping my brother-in-law and his family move into their new house. Pretty cool, they will now live 1.5 miles away from us. Hey, I could run to their house and back for my 3 mile run! Just a thought.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow at church. We will be introducing two new staff pastors in our AM services. Cynthia Turner and Arthur Keeley. Arthur is our new Single Adult Pastor. It was so cool to see how God open this door for us to bring on someone who was already at McGregor. He is going to do an awesome job! I am also very excited about Cynthia starting in her role as our Preschool Ministry Director. I have been praying for this position for over a year and a half. Praise God, He brought us someone incredible to fill this critical role at McGregor. God is so good.

No comments: