Monday, December 31, 2007

Chocolate Lava Cake and Stretching

I can't sleep and I'm not sure why. I think it might be the combination of the Key Lime Pie, Chocolate Lava Cake, and coffee, all consumed way after 8:00pm.

Also on my mind is the new year. I always spend time between Christmas and New Year's evaluating the past year and seeking direction from God for where He wants me to go in 2008. I seem to have a little restlessness as well as excitement about 2008. At the same time I have tons of gratitude for what He has done for me in 2007...
  • Macy and I celebrated 20 years of incredible marriage. It just keeps getting better!
  • God blessed me with a completed staff team. Huge praise and blessing!
  • Time spent with family and friends. I am so blessed with so many incredible relationships in my life!
  • Spiritual growth - greater dependency on God than ever before. God has taught me a lot this year about depending on Him more and more and less on self. These can often be some of the toughest lessons we have to learn.
What does He have in store for 2008 for Mark Bricker? I'm praying God will use me for His glory in ways I would never expect. I am praying I will be obedient and open to His will in my life, even when it stretches me. Where does the restlessness come from? Not exactly sure, other than God seems to be getting ready to stretch me in some new area. And sometimes stretching can be tough. 2007 was a stretching year in a lot of ways for me. Looking back, the stretching has made me stronger...stronger in my faith and stronger in my walk with God.

Instead of wishing you a Happy New Year I'm going to challenge you to seek God's stretching in 2008 in ways you've never been stretched before, even if it hurts some (it usually does).

Happy New Stretching in 2008!

No comments: