Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tearful Goodbye

This past Friday, Macy and I said goodbye to Sugar, our 17 and a half year old cat.

That's her in the picture. I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever cried that much. It was the hardest thing to do and I'm still aching from the loss.

She has always been in the house with us and now she's not. She's always there in the morning with me and now she's not. She's always in my lap in the evening while we watch TV and now she's not. She's always in the kitchen with us when we sit down for a meal, and now she's not. She's always letting us know when she's hungry or wants loving, and now she's not.

I knew this would be hard, but not this hard.

Through the tears, I am reminded of the wonderful 17 and a half years we had with Sugar. She blessed me in so many ways and I will miss her presence in my life terribly.

Sugar, I love you.

(For anyone interested in seeing more photos of Sugar click here)

No comments: