Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Download

This past weekend flew by. Here's my weekend download...
  • Pageant is now at 50% complete. Most of my time this weekend was consumed with the 5 Pageant performances. With the exception of a couple of technical malfunctions, the performances all went very well. As always, the story is compelling and told with excellence. I'm having a great time serving behind the scenes with the media team.
  • Denver and the Mile High Orchestra are still in it! They are now down to four bands in the Next Great American Band competition. I can't believe they made it his far. Keep on voting.
  • Sunday morning we had Charles Lowery in to speak at McGregor. He did an awesome job preparing us for a RIGHT Christmas. As always, he had me laughing till my stomach hurt and at the same time had some powerful thoughts to challenge me with. Here's his outline on having a RIGHT Christmas...
    • R - Be Realistic
    • I - Ignore the little things
    • G - Get over it
    • H - Have a sense of humor
    • T - Tell yourself who you are - a child of the King!
  • We have our all-staff Christmas luncheon today. This is always a blast and this year our Children's Ministry team has come up with some fun awards. Can't wait to see who wins!
  • Weekend Highlight - watching Gerald Malloy in each Pageant performance live out his "I want to be like Elvis" fantasy. This alone is worth the price of a ticket! Thanks Gerald!
This week's challenge - avoiding the distractions and staying focused on the Savior. This is always a huge challenge this time of year for me and I'm sure for others as well. I want every part of my life to be focused on what really counts - living for the Savior. And I know the world will send every possible distraction to divert my focused attention in doing that. What distracts you? I know I have tons of possible distraction every day. I'm going to try to recognize and avoid those distractions and have a "focus on the Savior" Christmas. How about you?

No comments: