Thursday, December 20, 2007

Getting Away

Macy and I got a plane Monday afternoon and got away.

We spent a couple of days in Birmingham with some friends before heading on up to Russellville, Alabama to spend Christmas at my brother's house.

Man is it cold here in Alabama. Well, at least it seems cold to me. Nice change from the warm weather we had been experiencing in Ft Myers before we left. I've been looking forward to this little getaway for a while now. I'm planning on using the holiday time for a lot of relaxing and rejuvenating and getting ready for 2008.

We stayed in Birmingham with Gary and Jennifer Harvey until yesterday afternoon (that's them in the picture). We had a great time hanging out with them and their 2 kids - Madison and Gavin. Mom and Dad came and picked us up and now we're in Russellville, Alabama at my brother's house. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday up here with family.

Right now it's raining and cold.

2 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

I can't believe how BIG Madison and Gavin are!! Have a safe and very blessed Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Mark, I'm glad that both of you are enjoying some nice cool weather with family and friends. The girl's ornament exchange was so much fun- we really missed Macy, though. We will miss not seeing you ! Have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you in 2 Sundays!