Friday, March 21, 2008

Getting Stronger...Getting Ready

Getting Stronger
It's been a slow comeback as it relates to running. Last week's 5K race I finally started feeling a little stronger. But this morning I feel like I'm back. Still not the same speed pre-injury, but the run felt really good. I ran 3 miles in 24:12, getting me very close to an 8 minute mile average. By the way, what a beautiful morning for running.

Getting Ready
In my quiet time this week I have been reading in Mark and focusing on the days leading up to Jesus' crucifixion. This morning, as I was meditating on what my Savior was enduring on this Friday morning, I was caught by what Jesus said the night before while praying with His disciples in Gethsemane. The disciples could see He was "distressed" and even "horrified" about something. And then Jesus says "My soul is swallowed up in sorrow."

Wow! What an incredible word picture. To have one's soul swallowed up in sorrow! We think we have it bad. But just try to imagine what Jesus was going through as He literally faced taking on the entire sin of the world! That phrase helped me this morning appreciate even greater the greatest sacrifice of all time.

Take some time today to prepare your heart for celebrating on Sunday.

Flip This Family - May 2-3, 2008 - Click Here

No comments: