Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Made It

Since I started back running a couple of weeks ago, one of my goals was to get back as quickly as possible to running a complete 3 miles. Well, Thursday of this week I made it. 3 miles in 26:11. More than 2 minutes slower than what a training run would have been for me 2 months ago. But I'm not complaining - I'm just glad to be back running again.

Next goal - running in the Komen Race for the Cure 5K on March 15. Let me know if you are planning on running in this race.

2 comments:

Charlie Tango said...

You can improve your run time, you can do this! I am trying to get my husband to let me sign up for the race in our area on the 15th, I really want to do this. My mother had breast cancer twice and survived, and I get checked regularly for abnormalities.

Best of luck to you!

Mark B said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I am really looking forward to running in this race on the 15th - to run and be able to support a great cause.