Saturday, March 8, 2008

Movie Night @ the Brickers

Last night was movie night at our house. Macy and I love old movies. How old? Mostly movie that came out in the 40's and 50's.

Last night's movie was "An American in Paris" staring Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron. This movie/musical came out in 1951 and won 6 Oscars, including Best Picture.

What I loved about this movie the most however was the music. All the movie's music was written by George & Ira Gershwin. Wow! I loved it. Great music and a really fun movie - a great combination. I'd give it a strong 4 out of 5 stars.

I wonder what's next in my NetFlix queue?

1 comment:

AR said...

I find myself appreciating older movies too. I just watched "The First Men in the Moon" by H.G.Wells (1964). What a hoot! It's now one of my favorites. And I've got the kids watching "Sgt York" which really creates allot of good teachable moments.