Sunday, March 16, 2008

What A Day!

What a day yesterday!

I got up very early for a Saturday morning and headed down to Coconut Point with Evan Foster to run in the Komen Race for the Cure 5K. Still recovering from my foot injury in January, I was not expecting to have a very fast time. My goal is always do a little better than my last race. Well, I knew I wouldn't be able to accomplish that, but I wanted to run and do my best and enjoy the morning. Much to my surprise, I ran better than I thought I would. I ran a 25:47, about a minute and a half slower than my last race, but about a minute faster than what I was predicting for myself.

As soon as I got home I quickly showered, ate a bite, and headed off to the church for our Transformed Conference with Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. The conference was incredible. Close to 3,000 people showed up for an awesome time of teaching and challenging messages. Hearing today how the conference impacted people's lives was really cool. Special props to Shawn Bergen and Nancy Painter for taking the lead for this conference - You guys did an awesome job!!!! And double props to the tons of McGregor volunteers who made this a phenomenal experience for every person who showed up!

No, I didn't get to personally meet Kirk Cameron, but it still was an awesome day! But my friend Jason got his picture taken with Kirk...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.