Saturday, September 15, 2007

Choices

I have been wanting to post about Apple's announcement last week about their new iPods, so here goes...

My current iPod is going to be three years old in December (I also have a new iPod Shuffle that I use for running) and I'm getting close to "needing" a new one. Three years for an electronic device is pretty old, so, I've been thinking this holiday season I'm due for an update. Much to my delight last week, Apple announces two completely new iPod models, in time for the holiday shopping season. Choices!

First, I am very excited about the new "Touch" iPod. It is basically the iPhone without the phone. Similar in size, only slimmer, it has the same large 3.5 inch screen. While not as small as the new Nano, it is still pretty light (4.2 oz) and very, very slim. The Touch comes in 8GB and 16GB editions and is priced $299 and $399 respectively.

My other option is the brand new Nano iPod, nicknamed the fatty. This is also a really cool new iPod that retains the basic look of the past generation iPods, but is drastically smaller in size. It is very, very small with a great screen, though small (2 inch). The Nano comes in 4GB and 8GB versions and is priced $149 and $199 respectively.

Choices. The good news is I have several months to decide.

I just heard that stores are already getting some of the new iPods in!

No comments: