Friday, September 7, 2007

He's gunking up our nature!

Macy and I made our getaway yesterday to Lover's Key, just south of Ft Myers Beach.

We're staying on Lover's Key in a condo of some dear friends. How relaxing it's been so far. I was up in time this morning to watch a beautiful sunrise from our balcony. God's creation is so incredible. I spent an hour on the balcony reading my Bible and praising Him for His greatness.

Late yesterday afternoon we went over to Carl E Johnson park area and walked on the beach (until some lightning in the distance scared Macy). While leaving the beach area via the boardwalk, we noticed muddy footprints. They were left by a guy we passed as we were getting on the boardwalk. You could tell he had been fishing along some of the back bay areas. After realizing he was the one who left the muddy prints, Macy delivered my favorite quote yesterday by saying "He's gunking up our nature."

We decided to eat in last night so dinner was "gourmet" frozen pizzas just before the game kicked off. And speaking of the game...

People told me the games would take on a whole new meaning as a fantasy football team owner. And they were right! I was quite into the game last night with 3 of my players involved. Joseph Addai produced 19 points for me and I brought in a total of 26. That seems pretty good for 3 of my nine starter. We'll see. I'm playing against Gerald Malloy this weekend (the only one in our league who has done Fantasy Football before). It would be a pretty big upset if I beat him. You're going down Gerald!

Gotta go wake up Macy...

No comments: