Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Couldn't Believe It!

I came home last night from work to a sight I thought I would never, ever see - Macy had taken apart our washing machine!

For those of you who do not know my wife very well, this is sooooooo out of her character, and even more important, so out of her skill set! I had to just pause and take a mental picture of the whole thing when I walked in the door. So, you ask, "why was Macy taking apart the washing machine?"

We've been having problems with our washing machine lately, so, yesterday, Macy called our friend who has a local appliance company and described the problem. He was gracious enough to try and diagnosis the problem over the phone. He told her "Mark can do some things when he gets home and we can determine whether it's going to be worth fixing or we should replace it." By doing this step ourselves we would save a service call fee.

Well, Macy decided, through some coaxing of our friend, that she could do it right then and there and he proceeds to walk her through the process. The fact that Macy was willing to do this is huge in and of itself. The fact that she was able to pull it off is even more remarkable. Macy has no mechanical inclinations whatsoever. None.

So, my hat is off to Macy, who took apart our washing machine and saved us the cost of a service call, and who, after 20 years of marriage, is still able to surprise me!

2 comments:

AR said...

That is amazing! (and impressive) Can Macy come over and look at our washer?

Mark B said...

You don't know what you're asking!