Saturday, September 22, 2007

Two Great Restaurants on Marco Island

I'll say it again, I really love Marco Island.

Yesterday was a most relaxing day for Macy and myself. After our morning session we went looking for a new place for lunch. It took us a little while, but we eventually stumbled upon an incredible little Mexican restaurant called Cilantro Tamales. Some of the best Mexican food we have ever had. Macy got their sampler platter and I went my usual - enchiladas. Highly recommend. (Sorry, no web site to send you to for this one.)

For dinner we tried an Italian restaurants that is located right across the street from the hotel called Davinci Ristorante. When I saw on their web site they had a "pizza chef" along with a wood burning oven, I knew this was the place for us. Incredible! They had the best tomatoe basil soup I ever had and the pizzas lived up to my expectations. I would probably drive down to Marco just to eat here again. Everything was excellent, including the service.

This morning we finish up with our last session and Macy and I will be heading back home to the real world.

No comments: