Monday, September 3, 2007

Getting Wet

As a pastor, one of the things I love is baptizing people.

Not just because I get to wear a bathing suit in the worship service, although that is kind of fun. The reason I love baptizing is the opportunity to be a part of someone's life who has been radically changed by Jesus. Yesterday I has the awesome privilege of baptizing in all four of our services.

Bibianna, a fifth grader who just that morning asked Christ into her life, told me she went home and started calling her friends and telling them what she had done. Pretty cool.

J.C., a middle-aged adult, who asked Christ into his life on Wednesday evening, told me his friends already didn't like the fact he was talking about God. Radical life change. He still came Sunday, and let everyone know he was identifying with Christ through baptism.

The Byrds, a young couple who have been believers for several months, were excited about taking the next step of obedience and getting baptized. They too were excited about their new faith and wanted to grow in that faith.

These were just a few examples of the lives that I had a chance to be a part of yesterday through baptism. Thank you God for allowing me to be a part of a church where the focus is on seeing lives changed. It's awesome.

I hope you have a great Labor Day!

No comments: