Monday, September 10, 2007

Letting Go of My Baggage

God did some really cool stuff yesterday at McGregor.
  • Our pastor's series "Baggage Claim" continues to challenge people where they are hurting. It's cool to see folks responding and making commitments to let go of their baggage and trust God. My favorite thought so far in the series: "when I'm in control is when I am most out of control." Good stuff.
  • People making life-changing decisions in all of our worship services! God is doing some awesome stuff in people's lives.
  • The lesson I taught in my class yesterday was "stop worrying...start trusting." Very cool how it went right along with the sermon series.
  • God was/is challenging me to let go of something that I've been holding on to a little too tightly lately. Man, I hate when I have to make application. :)
  • We had a great leadership meeting yesterday with about 80 of our adult SS leaders. I love being around our adult volunteer team. Lots of energy.
  • I have the privilege of working with an incredible adult leadership staff team (Dan, Tod, Shawn, Wade). You guys are awesome and a joy to serve Jesus with!
It's going to be an awesome week!

No comments: