Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Be my friend...

I have been an observer of the social web networking phenomenon for quite a while, but now I'm finally entering it as a participant. I now have my own Facebook page.

That's right. Not wanting to be the last person in the world to get a Facebook page, I jumped in. Go here to view my profile. If you have a Facebook account, please invite me to be your friend (sounds pathetic, doesn't it?). So far I have only one friend (thanks Dawn for being my first friend!).

So, what's the big deal with Facebook and other social networking sites like MySpace. My take: they let people connect. Imagine that, technology making it possible for people to connect with one another. People really do want to have meaningful relationships, regardless of their age.

Consider the 30 million registered Facebook users. And that number pales in comparison to the 100 million+ Myspace users worldwide. Unbelievable!

So, will you get a Facebook account and be my friend?

1 comment:

BarbA said...

Mark, will you be my friend?!!