Thursday, July 26, 2007

Life Update

I've been delinquent in my postings this week, and for that, I apologize. Here's a quick update on life.

I will be attending the funeral of an awesome man of God in a few minutes and his death has reminded me of how temporal our lives on earth really are. I want to make the most of every minute the Lord has entrusted to me. On this note, I would highly recommend the book Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper. I am just finishing up the book and WOW - very, very challenging.

Disappointments can be confirmations. I have had several disappointing things happen so far this week, but in those situations, I was able to see God at work. This is really cool when things don't go as we thought they should, but we can trust God is in charge and has something even cooler planned. Thank you God.

I am so grateful for the awesome team of people God has surrounded me with here at McGregor. It is so cool to have these kind of relationships with the people you spend so much time with.

And finally, I can't wait until the weekend to spend as much time possible with the bride of my youth! I am so blessed!!!!

FYI: I'm up to 18 "friends" now on Facebook and have even reconnected with people I haven't heard from in years!

No comments: