Friday, July 6, 2007

Opening Pandora's Box

It's usually not a good thing to open Pandora's box, but in this case it's a great thing.

I've been using Pandora, a music listening site now for several months and I love it. Question: Why would I want to listen to music from a web site? Answer: It allows me to listen to many songs I do not own, but are in the same genres of music I enjoy. The really cool thing about Pandora is how simple and yet how effective it is. You enter your music preferences, and Pandora goes and plays you the songs you want to hear. As it gets to know you, it tailors the playlist as a kind of deejay customized to your world of music preferences. I have listened to tons of great music from jazz to praise and worship and lots in between. Pandora’s also been around for a while so it’s nicely mature in its ability to deliver a satisfying experience. And the final cool thing about Pandora - it's free!

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments: