Saturday, July 7, 2007

Busy Saturday

I spent several hours today getting my talks ready for Camp X-isle, our Children's camp that starts Monday up in Groveland, Florida. I have the awesome opportunity to be able to speak each night during the worship services and I can't wait! Dawn O'Neal and her team do an awesome job putting the entire camp together for the children, from the crazy activities to the small group Bible studies, they do it all. It's gonna be a blast and I looking forward to God doing some awesome things.

In addition to preparing for camp, I also attended a wedding today. Why is it guys don't generally get too excited about going to weddings? Well, this was a really nice wedding (Russell kept it brief) and congrats to Steven and Merri Beth on their new life together. The strange thing, Macy and I actually went in two cars. Why? Because she loves the whole wedding experience, including staying until almost the last person has left the reception. I left right after the ceremony. She got home 2 hours later and had a blast. Know your differences.

I also had an awesome run this morning. I did my 3 mile run in 24:37 giving me an average of 8:12 per mile. Getting closer to the 8:00 mile average.

Watched some of the Wimbledon ladies final, finished my SS Lesson for tomorrow morning, and watched the Yankees play. Wow, it's been a busy Saturday! And I can't wait for tomorrow!

1 comment:

AR said...

Hey Mark! Thanks for doing camp. Boyd (9) is so excited he coudln't go to sleep last night (Saturday night- 2 days before camp starts!)