Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Summer Running

Well, it's all changed now. Running in July in SW Florida is not quite as fun as it was back in the spring.

This morning I wanted to work on my pacing. Running is all about pacing (so is life). My next goal is to run 3 miles in 24 minutes. So this morning I was planning on running the first two miles at the 8 mile a minute pace to get a feel for this and then slow up on the third mile. Well, I ran the first two miles exactly 8 minutes flat each (yeah!). But instead of slowing up on the third mile, I almost shut down. I'm not sure what it was, but I just couldn't keep running the entire third mile and ended up walking almost half of it. I'm blaming the humidity. I'm still sweating! At least I won't feel guilty eating those hot dogs and hamburgers later today at out 4th of July celebration.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments: