Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Camp is On!

Great start last night to camp. Gerald did an awesome job getting the kids engaged in worship and I had fun setting up the week's theme for Camp X-Isle. The theme is about being willing to set apart from the rest as a follower of Christ. Great subject to be teaching 3rd thru 5th graders!

After our service the kids had fun with some really gross "food item" games and then a swim in the pool to wash everything off. Thank goodness for pools at camps to keep kids clean (not smelling too bad).

I love the first day of camp. All the energy and excitement. (One parent told me his son couldn't sleep two nights before they left for camp because he was so excited.) The boys still smell relatively clean and most people still have their name tags. It all begins to change today.

For me - I'm already missing my wife like crazy. Normally she comes up with me for camp, but was unable to this year. Did I say I'm already missing her.

Running this morning was different. They actually have hills up here in central Florida. My 3 miles seemed a lot longer.

3 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

Give our "baby" a hug for us! We miss her already!!

Mark B said...

I've been getting a bunch of hugs from her and I'll give her one from you next time I see her. She's having a blast - as usual! Paige loves camp.

AR said...

Awesome Mark, thanks for the update! If you get a chance, tell Boyd howdy.(Boyd's two younger brothers don't know what to do without him, and are turning on each other like rabid dogs.)